Target plans explained
In addition to supporting multi-interval planned workouts, RIVAL also allows for setting a more simple single value target for heart rate, pace, power, or cadence in a workout dependent upon the capacity of the workout profile to support that target metric type and the availability of an appropriate sensor (for example: Running supports all four options, Cycling supports HR, power, or cadence, and open water swimming supports only HR, but you won't be able to set a power target in running or cycling if you don't have a power meter/sensor to provide that data). Along with setting a target value, you can also turn on 'out of range' alerts if your target value passes outside of a fixed range from the target value toggling between off, on, and vibration or sound only.
Setting a Target Plan
- Use the middle right button to select your preferred Workout Profile.
- Once a workout profile has been identified (does not require starting), ensure you are on any workout page, other than the primary watch face page.
- Hold the bottom left button to bring up the main menu, which will now include Target Plan.
- Use the top/bottom right buttons to navigate up to and middle right button to select Target Plan.
- Press the middle right button to toggle Target On.
- Use the bottom right button to select Set target and the middle right button to enter the Set target submenu.
- Within that submenu, use the top/bottom right buttons to toggle between target metrics (HR, pace, power, or cadence) and middle right button to select the metric.
- Once the metric is selected, use the top/bottom right buttons to identify the target value and middle right button to select the value.
- You can then use the top/bottom right buttons to navigate to the Out of range alerts toggle, and the middle right button to toggle between off, on, sound only, or vibration only.
- If kicked out of the target plan menu by a GPS location or other notification, you can re-enter the Target Plan menu by holding the bottom left button.
- The target metric or value can be changed manually using the same process at any point in the workout.
- Target status defaults to Off, but the target metric, target value, and alert status default to last input value.