This page contains firmware update notes for the original KICKR '14, identifiable by its black handle, as pictured above.
- For version 6 (2022), see KICKR v6 (2022) Firmware Update Notes
- For version 5 (2020), see KICKR v5 (2020) Firmware Update Notes
- For version 4 (2018), see KICKR v4 (2018) Firmware Update Notes
- For version 3 (2017), see KICKR v3 (2017) Firmware Update Notes
- For version 2 (2016), see KICKR v2 (2016) Firmware Update Notes
For installation, please see instructions for iOS or Android.
Original KICKR v1.5.68 - 10 May 2017
- Update to fix KICKR units locking up after performing a spindown:
Users affected by this issue will need to perform a factory spindown after the firmware update
Original KICKR v1.5.63 - 3 Feb 2017
- Improved power measurement :
- The KICKR can now perform a factory spindown for even more accurate power measurements
- Improved responsiveness :
- The KICKR will react to resistance changes more quickly
Original KICKR v1.4.47
- Further improvements to reported power and simulation mode
Reduced power fluctuations introduced in 1.4.46
Original KICKR v1.4.46 - 12 May 2016
- ANT+ FE-C Control :
The addition of ANT+ FE-C support allows the KICKR and SNAP to be controlled from any FE-C enabled device or application, such as a Garmin bike computer.
- Improvements to reported power and simulation mode
The improvements to the measured power during periods of acceleration allowed us to
improve the feel of the trainer when using simulation mode (for example: when using Zwift).