This page contains firmware update notes for the KICKR 2016 which features a redesigned (now gray) handle and flat top cap, as pictured above.
- For version 6 (2022), see KICKR v6 (2022) Firmware Update Notes
- For version 5 (2020), see KICKR v5 (2020) Firmware Update Notes
- For version 4 (2018), see KICKR v4 (2018) Firmware Update Notes
- For version 3 (2017), see KICKR v3 (2017) Firmware Update Notes
- For the original KICKR (identified by its black handle), see Original KICKR Firmware Update Notes
KICKR '16 v3.4.62 - 4 October 2017
- Updated optical sensor thresholds
- Improved ANT+ Connections
- ANT+FE updates for power consistency
KICKR '16 v3.3.53 - 29 March 2017
- Improved optical tick (how KICKR measures the speed of the flywheel) detection. This fixes speed and power drop outs at higher speeds for a small number of affected devices.
- Updated drag power model. This improves power accuracy for devices with spindown times above 30 seconds. It does not change power measurements for devices with spindown times below 30 second.
KICKR '16 v3.2.51 - 24 January 2017
- Fixed an issue where the KICKR could miss grade change commands in Zwift
- Added a feature where users can turn off ERG mode smoothing
- The new KICKR now defaults to Level 2 resistance when plugged in