The procedure to update firmware is the same for all Wahoo Sensors including the TICKR, TICKR RUN, TICKR X, BLUE SC, RPM Cadence and RPM Speed. Firmware updates require a WiFi connection to your mobile device.
To perform a firmware update:
- Download the Wahoo Fitness app for iOS or Android. Android users will also require the Android Wahoo Utility App. If already downloaded, be sure to check for updates in the app store.
- Open the Wahoo Fitness app and select Sensors.
- Power on and/or wake your sensor (typically by shaking), ensuring any lights are on. Then select your saved sensor from the list, or choose Add New Sensor (or the plus + on Android) if pairing for the first time.
- Once a sensor is paired, the Wahoo Fitness app automatically checks for available firmware updates and displays a notification if a new version is available. Select Update/Upgrade Firmware to perform the update, then follow the prompts in the app to complete the process.
- Additional steps for Android: After selecting Upgrade Firmware, the Android Wahoo Utility App automatically opens and connects to the sensor. Once fully connected (may take up to 20 seconds), select Upgrade Firmware and follow the prompts in the app.
- Remember to fully close the Wahoo Utility App after the upgrade and before opening another app. This prevents pairing with multiple apps since sensors can only send data to one app at a time.