Minimum Internet Speed Requirements
- To download workouts into the app and play them later without an internet connection,any internet connection should suffice. The connection speed will affect the time required to download.
- To stream workouts, the minimum speed we recommend is 5 megabytes per second (5Mbps). You can check your internet download speed by going to www.speedtest.net. Please note: Internet connection speed is divided by your router between all connected devices. Most internet providers will recommend a minimum of 75 Mbps for 4-7 connected devices in one household. If your internet connection is less than this, consider disconnecting other devices to get the best experience with both downloading and streaming videos in our app.
- Internet connection speeds may be variable and may affect download times and the ability to stream workouts. We recommend downloading the workouts if workout streaming is unreliable.
Offline Use of the SYSTM App on Mac, Windows and iOS
The SYSTM app can be used without an internet connection, even for extended periods. Your workouts will be saved on your device until the internet connection is restored. At that time, the workouts will sync to the server.
SYSTM requires an Internet Connection for the following:
- When you first sign up for the App to validate your subscription.
- If you manually log out of SYSTM, an internet connection will be required to log back in.
- To download a workout. This includes No-Vid workouts that don't have a video.
- To select a new training plan.
- To update your 4DP settings
- To stream a workout.
- To share a completed workout with a 3rd party platform, such as Strava.
- To view completed workouts
- When your subscription is expired, the app will need a connection to validate that you've renewed.
- To access in-app links (including links in workout descriptions and training plans)
- After certain app updates, you will be required to log back into the app.
How to prepare for being Offline
If you are going to be without internet for a period of time, to ensure that you have access to your app and the content, be sure to:
- download the workouts you will need ahead of time.
- apply any training plans you want to follow.
- stay logged into the app
- ensure that your subscription is valid for the entire duration, without a renewal period. (your subscription will require validation on the subscription due date, which will require an internet connection.)
- turn off your internet connection while you're still in a wifi area to verify that you can use the app, and to prevent any further automatic updates from occurring prior to leaving your internet connection area.
Note: The Android app retains the same offline functionality as the other apps EXCEPT for the ability to download videos, which severely limits its offline usefulness. We hope to improve Android functionality in the future.