The ELEMNT requires internet-connected WiFi for automatic workout uploads, firmware updates, route downloads, and Strava Live Segment synchronization. To connect the ELEMNT to WiFi, navigate to the Settings page in the ELEMNT Companion App with the ELEMNT actively paired.
- Scroll down to WiFi and select WiFi Network
- Select a network ID from the list, then enter the password if prompted
"WiFi connection successful" will display on first connection to a new WiFi network. Once connected, networks are saved on the ELEMENT to automatically reconnect whenever in range, even when disconnected from the ELEMNT Companion App.
If you are unable to get your ELEMNT to join a particular WiFi network, check the following:
- The ELEMNT only connects to WIFI Channels 1-11. Most WiFi routers select a channel between 1 - 11 automatically using the AUTO setting. However, if your network set to a specific channel, ensure it is set from 1-11
- You will not be able to use the ELEMNT on a WIFI network that requires a splash page to connect (802.1x EAP networks). These are often found in hotels, restaurants, and airports and require you to authenticate or or accept terms before an internet connection is granted.
- The ELEMNT can connect to mobile hotspots, provided it's not created by the phone the ELEMNT is paired to.
- ELEMNT and BOLT only support 2.4GHz wireless networks. Though 5GHz networks can be present without causing interference, the ELEMNT can not connect to 5GHz wireless networks directly.