With notifications enabled, you should receive an alert for the following:
- iOS -calls, texts, and emails
- Android - calls and texts
In order to receive notifications, you must have your bike computer paired to your phone via Bluetooth. Please be aware that you can only send those notifications to one device at a time. Additionally, you will not receive these notifications if the app has lost connection with the bike computer. To improve connectivity, keep your phone in a side jersey pocket (not the back middle pocket) to maximize line-of-sight between phone and bike computer.
If you are still not receiving notifications as expected, check the following:
- On the settings page of the Companion app, check the bike computer's status at the top of the page. Verify the bike computer is connected and up-to-date.
- On the Settings page of the Companion app, scroll down to the Alerts section. Ensure the toggles for all notifications you wish to receive are on. If the issue continues, toggle each off and then back on.
- Ensure all notifications you are expecting to receive are being received by the apps native to the device. You will not receive alerts for messages and emails received by third-party apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc.
- Messages cannot be received by multiple devices. Please ensure you aren't using another Bluetooth device (such as an Apple Watch, or Garmin Vivoactive) that is set to receive messages. If so, disable connection to the other device to receive messages on your Bolt.
- If the issue persists, please forget the bike computer from the phone's Bluetooth settings and remove any duplicate bike computer pairings. Do the same within the ELEMNT companion app. Re-pair again to only the companion app to receive a pop-up requesting permission to pair to your phone's Bluetooth. Select "Pair" in the pop-up and restart your phone.
- Please verify notifications are appearing in your phone's notifications center. This is required in order for the messages to be received by the bike computer. If you do not see the message in the iOS notifications center, please check your phone's settings. This may also indicate messages are being received by another device.