When using the Wahoo Fitness app (iOS only) you can use your ANT+ power meter to control the resistance of your KICKR. In order for this to work, you will need to know the ANT ID of your Power Meter.
Please be aware no Apple devices are ANT+ enabled. In order to use an Apple device with an ANT+ sensor you will need to use a genuine Apple Lighting to 30 pin adapter and the Wahoo Key (third party adapters are not compatible).
Follow these steps to pair your KICKR with the Wahoo Fitness app:
- Open the Wahoo Fitness app.
- Plug in your KICKR Power Trainer. There is no need to “wake” your KICKR; once plugged in, the KICKR does not go to “sleep”.
- Select “Sensors” in the bottom left corner.
- Select “Add New Sensor”.
- Choose your KICKR from the list of available sensors.
- Once certain you are connected to the correct sensor, select “Save Sensor”.
- Choose the workout profiles you would like your KICKR to be active for (ex. Indoor Cycling).
- Select “Done" in the upper left hand corner.
Once connected, you will see 3 options:
- ERG Mode Speed simulation - Sets a virtual speed @ 0% grade when using ERG mode.
- Cadence from ANT+ - Reads cadence from paired ANT+ sensor. This will happen automatically if you use option 3.
- Control w/ ANT+ Power Meter
Toggle on Control w/ ANT+ Power Meter, and you will see a new field to enter your Power Meter ANT ID.
When you start a workout, the power icon will have 2 arrows around in a circle. This icon will turn green when the KICKR is using power from your Power Meter.