This article refers to changing a cassette on the KICKR/CORE's stock Shimano/SRAM HG 11 speed freehub in order to achieve drive train compatibility. Campagnolo and SRAM XD/XDR cassettes require a different freehub (sold separately). For purchase and installation instructions, see below.
Campagnolo: Freehub | Installation
SRAM XD/XDR: Freehub | Installation
For questions about KICKR bicycle compatibility, follow the link.
- Cassette Lock Ring Tool (Park Tool FR-5 or similar)
- Adjustable Wrench
- Chain Whip (Park Tool SR-11 or similar)
- Use the chain whip to prevent the cassette from spinning while removing the cassette lock ring.
- Remove the cassette cluster.
- 11 speed cassettes (including the one pre-installed on the KICKR) and 12 speed Shimano road cassettes do not require a spacer. If switching to a 7-10 speed cassette, an additional spacer will be required. 8, 9, and 10 speed cassettes will require a 1.8mm spacer (provided with the KICKR). 7 speed* cassettes will require a 4.5mm spacer (to be purchased separately from your preferred local or online retailer).
- If your new cassette includes an additional spacer, install this before installing the cassette. Otherwise, install the new cassette directly. Be sure to properly align each cog with the splined freehub body.
- Reinstall the cassette lock ring and tighten by hand. When snug, tighten further with the adjustable wrench another 6 - 10 clicks (roughly 1/4 turn).