The following information pertains to KICKR v4 (2018), earlier models, and CORE. KICKR v5 (2020), later KICKRs no longer require spindown calibrations as they are now calibrated continuously as you ride. Find more info in Auto Spindown Calibration (KICKR v5 +). For information regarding spindown processes for KICKR SNAP, please see Spindown Calibration for SNAP.
To calibrate your KICKR v4 (2018) or earlier model for the most accurate readings, you'll need to perform a spindown using the Wahoo Fitness app for iOS or Android. A spindown is recommended every 2 weeks or after transporting your KICKR to a new location. Although some 3rd party apps like Zwift can perform spindowns, Wahoo always recommends using the Wahoo Fitness app for best results.
Before performing a spindown, check to see if your KICKR's firmware is up to date. This will reduce and prevent errors during the spindown. Always remember to reboot the KICKR, by unplugging it for at least 30 seconds after updating firmware.
Using the Wahoo app:
- Download the Wahoo app for iOS or Android. If it's already downloaded, check for updates in the app store.
- Open the Wahoo Fitness app. If your trainer is not paired already, follow these steps to pair it. Once paired, select your Wahoo trainer in the sensor drawer.
- After selecting your Wahoo trainer, the sensor details page is displayed. Wait a moment for your trainer to fully connect, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Perform Spindown button.
Note: a Bluetooth connection is required
- Follow the instructions provided in the app. For maximum accuracy, do not pedal once the target speed displayed is reached.
- The spindown will complete once the flywheel slows down on on its own. Unless a failure has been indicated, the calibration has been successful. If a failure is indicated, please ensure that all other devices are off and apps are closed and closely follow directions on screen again.