To calibrate your KICKR for the most accurate readings, you'll need to perform a spindown using the Wahoo Fitness app for iOS or Android. A spindown is recommended every 2 weeks or after transporting your KICKR to a new location. Though some 3rd party apps like Zwift can perform spindowns, Wahoo always recommends using the Wahoo Fitness app for best results.
Before performing a spindown, check to see if your KICKR's firmware is up to date (instructions here). This will reduce and prevent errors during the spindown. Always remember to reboot the KICKR after updating firmware.
Using the Wahoo Fitness App:
- Download the Wahoo Fitness app for iOS or Android. If it's already downloaded, check for updates in the app store.
- Open the Wahoo Fitness app. If your trainer is not paired already, follow these steps for iOS or Android. Once paired, select your Wahoo trainer in the LINKED SENSORS section of the Workout tab.
- After tapping on your Wahoo trainer, the Trainer Setup Page is displayed. Wait a moment until your trainer is fully connected, then scroll to the bottom of this page to tap the Spindown button (or the Perform Spindown button on Android).
Note: a Bluetooth connection is required
- Follow the instructions provided in the app. For maximum accuracy, do not pedal once the target speed displayed is reached.
- The spindown will complete once the flywheel slows down on its own.
- Start a new KICKR workout.
- Select the Sensor icon in the top left corner.
- Select the Spindown icon (crossed hammer and spanner) which appears to the right of the KICKR in the list of linked sensors.
- Select Perform Spindown and follow the instructions in the app.
After the spindown procedure is complete you're ready to ride!