To calibrate your KICKR for the most accurate readings, you'll need to perform a spindown using the Wahoo Fitness app for iOS or Android. A spindown is recommended every 2 weeks or after transporting your KICKR to a new location. Though some 3rd party apps like Zwift can perform spindowns, Wahoo always recommends using the Wahoo Fitness app for best results.
Before performing a spindown, check to see if your KICKR's firmware is up to date. This will reduce and prevent errors during the spindown. For more information, please see How Do I Update the Firmware on My KICKR? Always remember to reboot the KICKR after updating firmware.
Using the Wahoo Fitness App:
- Download the Wahoo Fitness app for iOS or Android. If it's already downloaded, check for updates in the app store.
- Open the Wahoo Fitness app and select Sensors.
- If pairing for the first time, choose Add New Sensor (or the plus + on Android). Otherwise, ensure your KICKR is powered on with the blue and red LEDs illuminated and select your KICKR from the list.
Note: a Bluetooth connection is required
- Scroll down and select Spindown from the menu.
- Select Perform Spindown and follow the instructions in the app.
- Start a new KICKR workout.
- Select the Sensor icon in the top left corner.
- Select the Spindown icon (crossed hammer and spanner) which appears to the right of the KICKR in the list of linked sensors.
- Select Perform Spindown and follow the Spindown instructions in the app.
After the spindown procedure is complete you're ready to ride!