For video instructions, check out our YouTube page HERE.
- Torque Wrench with 17mm socket (capable of 6 Nm)
- 17mm Wrench (optional)
Important Torque Settings:
- Black Axle Nut: 6Nm
- The stock freehub can be removed with or without the cassette installed. If you choose to remove the cassette prior to removing the freehub, follow these instructions: Changing the Cassette.
- Remove the external black nut with the 17mm wrench. Set this aside to use again.
- Remove the spacer behind the nut. Set this aside to use again.
- Remove the existing freehub.
- If your Shimano freehub has a rubber dust seal, remove this and discard it. We no longer use this dust seal.
- If there is a spacer remaining on the axle, remove it. Save this with the Shimano freehub you just removed.
- Install the spacer that came with the Campagnolo freehub.
- Remove the retaining ring from the Campagnolo freehub.
- Install the freehub on the axle. Twist counter clockwise to help the pawls fall into place. You should not be able to see the pawls.
- Re-install the spacer removed in step 3.
- Re-install the nut removed in step 2.
- Torque the nut to precisely 6Nm.
IMPORTANT: Over-torquing the nut may cause damage to the bearings. If you do not have a torque wrench, your local bike shop most certainly will!
Your KICKR is now ready for a Campagnolo Cassette!