If you are experiencing any issues with your KICKR Snap, try the following steps one at a time and see if the issue is resolved:
KICKR Snap Setup
- Make sure the unit is plugged in to a power source, the connection to the power brick is secure, and green light on the power brick is lit.
- Inflate your tire to manufacturers reccommended PSI (printed on sidewall). For most road tires, this number will be~110 PSI
- Check the tension on the rear wheel. Turn the blue tensioner knob until the roller makes contact with the rear wheel, and then turn it two more full turns.
- Ride the Snap for 10 minutes to warm it up.
Perform a Spindown
- Pair the Snap up to the Wahoo Fitness app. (iOS and Android Pairing Instructions)
- Make sure your firmware is up to date. (iOS and Android Firmware Update Instructions)
- Perform a spin down. (Spindown Instructions)
- Make sure, after the spindown, the reported time of the spindown is between 10 and 15 seconds
- If the spindown takes longer than 15 seconds to complete, tighten the blue tensioner knob a quarter turn on do another spindown. Repeat as necessary.
- Close all apps capable of connecting to the Snap. Most apps are capable of running in the background on the device and continuing to have a connection to the Snap. This will prevent other apps from connecting to the Snap or can cause conflicting commands to be sent to the Snap.
- Clean the Snap optical sensor. (Cleaning Instructions)