Compatibility: All ELEMNT GPS Bike Computers
Requirements: iOS/Android Companion App 1.62.0+
Date Available: 10/31/22
What is Public Route Sharing?
ELEMNT users can now share routes with nearby (<2km) friends and ride participants, directly from the ELEMNT companion app, without needing to text or email a ride file. This feature is ideal for group riders or event leaders - anyone nearby can load a shared route without the need for the file to be sent individually to every rider.
Note: Sharing a route publicly will provide access to that route to any ELEMNT user within 2km. In order to share a route privately, see ELEMNT Route Sharing.
How do I share a route?
- Navigate to the 'Workout' tab in the ELEMNT companion app
- Select 'Routes' (iOS) or 'Choose a route' (Android)
- Select your chosen route.
- In the top right corner of the 'Route Detail' page, you will see a share icon. Tap it!
- Choose 'Share as public route',
- Select your preferred share period: 1 hour or End of day (12am local time) and 'Share Route'.
How do I import a shared route?
- Navigate to the 'Workout tab' in the ELEMNT companion app.
- Select 'Routes'.
- Select 'Public Routes'.
- A sortable list of available 'Nearby Public Routes' will appear - tap on the desired route and select it.
- The route will then be synced to your computer via Bluetooth. Depending on route size, this may take a few minutes.