The Wahooligan Tour 2023
1. How Do I Register
In order to participate in The Wahooligan Tour, please register with the Davis Phinney Foundation. We ride the Tour each year in order to raise funds for the foundation to assist them in their work to help people with Parkinsons live better today.
Click here to register on the DPF website
You'll be registered as an official participant for the Tour and you'll also be able to set up your personal fundraising page. We have an event goal of $350,000 this year, please help us achieve this by letting your family and friends know that you are taking part in this event and asking if they will donate. We also have a fantastic prize pool and every $10 donated to your account will give you an additional chance to win something!
2. What is the Route?
Stage 1: The Sufferfest - Cash Register + Revolver
Stage 2: The Sufferfest - Attacker
Stage 3: A Week With Neal Henderson - Rabbit Mountain
Stage 4: On Location Portugal - Nazare to Foz do Arelho
Stage 5: ProRide - Tour de Suisse Women 2
Stage 6: A Week With UCI World Cycling Center - Road
Stage 7: To Get To The Other Side workout on RGT Stelvio *
- RGT Stage 7 Event 1 (Friday March 17, 3pm GMT) : https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=6DV2WQ
- RGT Stage 7 Event 2 (Saturday March 18, 1am GMT): https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=PWE8TQ
- RGT Stage 7 Event 3 (Saturday March 18, 11am GMT): https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=Z9G7M7
- RGT Stage 7 Event 4 (Saturday March 18, 4pm GMT): : https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=TWDGHK
- RGT Stage 7 Event 5 (Saturday March 18, 9pm GMT): https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=XB6NG6
- RGT Stage 7 Event 6 (Sunday March 19, 7am GMT): https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=ARDYKC
If you'd like to ride the stages of the Tour simultaneously in SYSTM and RGT, please refer to this guide on Using SYSTM and RGT Together.
*We would love you to come and experience RGT with us and close out the Tour in some group rides. However if you would like to complete the Tour just on SYSTM, you can Ride the To Get To The Other Side workout there and still get your Wahooligan Tour 2023 Badge.
Add the Route to your SYSTM Calendar
Remember, you will have 50 hours to complete each stage. Here's a guide to make sure you stay on track!
3. The Wahoo X Platform
In order to ride the Wahooligan Tour, at a minimum, you'll need to be running our Wahoo SYSTM app. Here's A Quick Start Guide to the SYSTM App that will help you get started with the SYSTM app. We will also be using the Wahoo RGT app to bring our community together during the Tour.
Click here to download the apps
If you have any questions, The Minions are always happy to help out - just send us a request.
4. Training for the Tour
To help you prepare for the Wahooligan Tour, the Wahoo Sports Science Team has put together some training plans on the SYSTM app for you
In addition to this, we will also be offering some weekly training rides on RGT. These will be rubber banded rides and an opportunity for the community to come together as we prepare to ride the Tour.
These will be hosted at the same time each week. Ride 1 at 12:00 ET and Ride 2 at 19:00 ET.
- Tuesday February 7, 2023 - Dirty Reiver Ride 1: https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=R2G4JE
- Tuesday February 7, 2023 - Dirty Reiver Ride 2: https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=4ZY3WR
- Tuesday February 14, 2023 - De Ronde Ride 1: https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=6JDGWK
- Tuesday February 14, 2023 - De Ronde Ride 2: https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=DNGKN8
- Tuesday February 21, 2023 - Pienza Ride 1: https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=82B6MM
- Tuesday February 21, 2023 - Pienza Ride 2: https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=YNUUU7
- Tuesday February 28, 2023 - Iron Horse Ride 1: https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=TYU9UF
- Tuesday February 28, 2023 - Iron Horse Ride 2:https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=2MZM3F
- Tuesday March 7, 2023 - Dunoon Ride 1:https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=8N7NQJ
- Tuesday March 7, 2023 - Dunoon Ride 2:https://user.rgtcycling.com/event?code=R32XV6
As well as physically preparing, don’t forget about your fundraising. Remember, for every $10 raised you will get an additional chance to win something from our prize pool. Check out our fundraising tips!
5. Prize List
The prize list for the Wahooligan Tour is growing - head over to The Davis Phinney Foundation to check out the prize list...and don't forget to register and make a donation while you're there! Remember, for every additional $10 you donate or fundraise, you earn one additional chance in the prize pool. Here is a sneak peak at some of the 10th Annual Tour of Sufferlandria sponsors
6. Create Your Race Bib
It's not an official Tour without race bibs - and the Wahooligan Tour Race Bibs are ready! There are official bibs for general participants of the Tour - and we have an additional folder with assets for Knights!
7. During the Tour
During the Tour, we are looking forward to bringing our community together to exchange Tour stories, success and even take part in some challenges!To do that we will have a few places to congregate:
- The RGT Riding village. Use this road to warm-up, cool down or do some additional riding during the tour and use voice chat to talk to your fellow Wahooligan Tour riders and talk about your experiences on the road this year. Using SYSTM and RGT Together.
- The Wahoo X Forum
- Ride your SYSTM workouts on RGT with your teammates, friends and supporters
- Join in on some DPF live Zoom rides with special guests. (Check your registration confirmation email for more details)
Make sure to tag all your social posts and shares with #WahooliganTour
Win your own Wahooligan Tour Jersey!
- Yellow Jersey: Overall highest fundraiser
- Green Jersey: Highest number of individual donations
- Daily Wahooligan Tour Jersey: highest fundraiser every 24 hours (calculated at 00:00 Mountain Time)
- Team Competition: Highest Funds raised by a team in 24-hour window on Wednesday, March 15 (calculated at 00:00 Mountain Time)
- The team prize will be a coupon to each participant to the Wahoo store as well as a private group ride for the winning team with Neal Henderson and Alex Stieda
8. Get Your Tour Merchandise
The Official 2023 Wahooligan Tour Poster is available for purchase with all proceeds going to the Davis Phinney Foundation! Add this year's poster to your collection!
This year, we have also designed a Tour jersey which you can assign to your avatar on RGT during the Tour. But to bring this to life even more, head over to the Cuore store to purchase your real life Wahooligan tour jersey!