By pairing ELEMNT RIVAL with the ELEMNT App, it can be used with your ELEMNT, ELEMNT BOLT, or ELEMNT ROAM to leverage features like touchless transitions and multisport handovers.
What are Touchless Transitions?
With Touchless Transitions, ELEMNT RIVAL automatically calculates when transitions occur so that athletes only need to hit the start/stop button twice during a race or training session - once to start and once to complete the workout. This feature works when the RIVAL is placed in the Triathlon workout profile. Triathlon workout mode is automatically turned on for the RIVAL by default.
Using Touchless Transitions:
- Start by pairing ELEMNT RIVAL and your ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM to the ELEMNT App for iOS or Android.
Start a workout using the Triathlon workout profile on ELEMNT RIVAL which has Touchless Transitions turned on by default, meaning no more work for you! Alternatively, you can select any other customized workout profile with Touchless Transitions turned on. Workouts can be customized in the ELEMNT App under Settings> WORKOUT PROFILES.
If you are not using an ELEMNT bike computer, then proceed along as normal. After you have completed your event, save the data. One of the great features of Touchless Transition is that users are able to edit any of the data collected in the Wahoo ELEMNT app after the activity if needed. In the companion app you will be able to see when the RIVAL started/stopped each activity: swim, T1, bike, T2, and run. If for any reason there was an overlap in time, you can adjust the timing within the app and save the new data. Easy as that!
What is Multisport Handover?
The great part of the Wahoo RIVAL is that it works harmoniously with the ELEMNT ecosystem. Another feature of the RIVAL that utilizes this synchronization is the Multisport Handover. This feature allows you to seamlessly connect and display relevant bike data during your race or brick workout from your ELEMNT RIVAL. For example, when transitioning from swim to bike, or multi-brick bike to run workouts, you can simply look at your bike computer to watch and view the data you need. No more looking at your wrist when the goal is to keep your eyes straight ahead. All of your workout or race data is displayed on the ELEMNT bike computer screen while riding and then back to the RIVAL when you begin your run making relevant data available where you need it and never getting in the way of your performance.
How to Use Multisport Handover:
As is customary with all devices in the Wahoo ecosystem, Multisport Handover was designed with the athlete in mind. What does that mean? We focused this feature around ease and simplicity of use so you can focus on what is important.
- Pair your RIVAL and ELEMNT bike computer to the same account in the ELEMNT Companion App.
- The RIVAL and ELEMNT bike computer will know automatically that the other exists within the same family and will be ready to sync and use.
- Prior to beginning the multisport activity, place the ELEMNT bike computer to “Multisport Mode” and leave the computer on the bike. (AKA no more worrying about your computer shutting off or falling asleep when you are in the swim!)
- Upon arriving at your bike, the ELEMNT computer will automatically connect to the RIVAL and begin to show the relevant bike data. Fear not, your RIVAL will still be recording all of the bike data as well, but using your bike computer will make it more user friendly