This page walks through installation of the SRAM XD/XDR Freehub available now in the Wahoo online store.
Sprocket remover (AKA chain whip) or chain vice (pictured in instructions below)
17mm cone wrench or crescent wrench (adjustable wrench also acceptable)
- Cassette lockring tool (Park Tool FR-5.2 or similar) and matching 1" (25.4 mm) socket wrench (or adjustable wrench)
- Start by using the chain whip (or chain vice as pictured) and lockring tool to loosen the lockring and remove the existing cassette
(skip this step if a cassette is not present, like in KICKR CORE initial setup).
- Use the 17mm cone wrench to remove the existing original lock nut and freehub body. Hold the flywheel with your free hand for stability.
- Install the new XD/XDR freehub, rotating counterclockwise (in the direction of the pawls) until flush against the pulley.
- Screw on the new XD/XDR lock nut (which is smaller than the original) and tighten with the 17mm cone wrench, again holding the flywheel with your other hand for stability. Tighten until snug, being sure to avoid applying excessive force.
- For 11-speed (or less) cassettes and XD cassettes, install the included spacer along with any other spacers that came with the cassette
(skip this step if using a 12 speed or XDR cassette).
- Install your XD/XDR cassette according to the manufacturer instructions below.
You're now ready to mount your bike and get KICKN!