- ELEMNT updated to at least firmware WF48-2170 or BOLT updated to WB15-2170 or newer
- A Pioneer Power Meter installed which supports Pioneer's Pedaling Monitor System
- Pioneer Power Meter magnets, like those shown below, properly installed
*In Private ANT mode, Pioneer Power Meters may only be woken with properly installed magnets. If a Pioneer Power Meter sleeps in Private ANT mode without magnets installed, simply remove and re-insert the battery to wake the unit, then use the instructions below to return to normal ANT mode for standard power meter functionality. Normal ANT mode does not require magnets and enables wake-on-move, but disables the calibration, zero, and advanced metrics described below.
- Once a Pioneer Power Meter is installed with all included magnets, connect it to ELEMNT/BOLT like any other sensor or power meter:
Turn the pedals 2+ rotations to ensure your sensor is awake and ready to pair
Access the ELEMNT Menu by quickly pressing the button on the upper left side (shown below)
Scroll using the down button on the right side of the ELEMNT (below) to ADD SENSOR then select ADD by pressing the center button
Hold the sensor near the ELEMNT, then press MORE to select POWER (please be patient after pressing MORE - some sensors can take up to 60 seconds to display)
Select PIONEER, then press SAVE using the center button
- Within the ELEMNT/BOLT menu (accessed via the left-side button), select PIONEER POWER under SENSORS, then press MORE using the bottom right button to access additional settings.
- If this is your first time pairing, you'll need to calibrate the unit for accurate pedal monitoring metrics. Note that calibration requires the Pioneer Power Meter to be in Private ANT mode (can be switched using the MODE SWITCH option, shown below). Scroll to select MAGNET CALIBRATION to calibrate by pedaling forward very slowly (one full pedal rotation roughly every 30 seconds) - note that it may take 2 or more rotations for the initial pass to register. A green light will appear on the power meter when a successful pass is performed.
If the ELEMNT/BOLT exits magnet calibration before completing all 5 passes or if other issues are encountered with data, try switching to a different mode and back, or removing the Pioneer battery for 10 seconds to restart it, then reboot the ELEMNT/BOLT and try again.
- Now that your power meter is calibrated, be sure to also set the zero by turning the pedals to a level/horizontal position and selecting MANUAL ZERO from the menu. When complete, press the left side button to exit the menu, then page to the newly added pedaling monitor system view to see advanced metrics, as shown below.