What are the best practices for using the CLIMB?
- Before you ride, always reset the CLIMB to level by double tapping the center lock mode button, then counterbalance the CLIMB (like a pendulum) by raising the handlebars until the unit is off the ground, allowing it to swing freely and come to a complete stop before setting it back down. This ensures accurate positioning with the CLIMB centered below the fork to counter any slip which might occur on a ride.
- Only counterbalance the CLIMB with your fork in the "level" position by double tapping the center lock mode button.
- Check mounting before each ride to ensure both the front and back skewer are properly secured to the CLIMB and KICKR.
- Keep the handlebars straight during the entire ride.
- Ensure your Wheel Circumference, Bike Type, and Wheelbase are properly configured for your bike from the KICKR or SNAP page in the Sensors section of the Wahoo Fitness App. See full instructions here.
- Always keep the CLIMB properly centered on your bike and trainer and on a level surface. Do not use "rocker plates" or other unstable surfaces with the KICKR CLIMB as these will void the warranty and may cause serious injury or damage.
- Keep your riding area clear of obstacles and debris. Ensure your bike's handlebars (and other parts) can not impact other surfaces (like the Wahoo Desk) when in motion.
- Ensure your riding surface is not slick and remains clean and free of debris. Use a mat specifically designed for trainers like the Wahoo KICKR Trainer Floormat for best results.
- Always check your bike's components (especially the brakes) before riding outdoors.