This page describes how to update firmware from an Android device.
For iOS devices, please see How to Update KICKR CLIMB Firmware? (iOS).
Note: KICKR CLIMB firmware can only be updated from Android or iOS devices.
Wahoo updates your KICKR CLIMB's firmware (a kind of software) frequently to deliver the best indoor training experience possible. Ensuring you have the latest firmware resolves many issues, keeping you climbing at your best.
- A Bluetooth® enabled Android device on Android 6 or newer
- Your Android device actively connected to the internet over WiFi
- The newest version of the Wahoo App for Android (please check for updates in the Play store)
- Your KICKR or KICKR SNAP on the latest firmware (instructions here) and powered on
- Your KICKR CLIMB powered on and paired with your trainer (instructions here)
Ensure Bluetooth and location services are enabled in your Android settings and that your device is within 5 feet of the KICKR CLIMB, then follow these steps to pair:
- Open the Wahoo Fitness app. If your sensor is not paired already, follow these steps. Once paired, select your Wahoo trainer in the LINKED SENSORS section of the Workout tab.
- After tapping on your Wahoo trainer, the Trainer Setup Page is displayed. Wait a moment until your trainer is fully connected and the KICKR CLIMB appears. Please be patient as the KICKR CLIMB can take up to 90 seconds to connect. Tap Update Available, which is displayed automatically whenever a new firmware is released.
- Within the KICKR CLIMB Setup Page, you'll now see the option to Update Firmware.
- The firmware upgrade process will begin automatically. Warning: keep your device close to the KICKR CLIMB and the app open and active during the update. Do not unplug or disconnect either the trainer or KICKR CLIMB while the update is in progress for best results.
- If the update fails, restart the process by fully closing and reopening the Wahoo app. You may also need to reboot the trainer and KICKR CLIMB itself by disconnecting the power for 30 seconds, then reconnecting and try again. Otherwise, you can get back to climbing now that the update process is complete!
- If the KICKR CLIMB does not reconnect to your trainer automatically, simply pair with the trainer again (instructions here) and you're ready to start a workout in the Wahoo app using the grade controls on the KICKR Control Page (available by swiping right during a workout). Your KICKR CLIMB is also ready to use in supported third party apps, if preferred. Since the CLIMB pairs with your KICKR, you need only pair the KICKR to a third party app and ensure your CLIMB is in unlocked mode to experience physical elevation changes as you ride!
If issues updating persist, please take a look at our signal interference article to eliminate possible conflicts with other devices and try again.