For users wanting to switch between a road bike or mountain bike on their KICKR. The KICKR is compatible with most modern road bikes and mountain bikes (using a quick release rear wheel).
Selecting the Correct Hub Width:
Typical widths of modern frames are as follows:
- Mountain Bikes – 135mm
- Road Bikes – 130mm
- Track Bikes – 120mm (not compatible)
If you are unsure of your frame spacing or have an older bicycle, measure the hub width to ensure a proper fit. To do this, remove the rear wheel and use a pair of calipers or a ruler to measure the distance between the inner surfaces of the dropouts. The KICKR will only adapt to fit frames with a rear hub spacing of 130mm or 135mm.
1) Determine your frame’s hub spacing.
2) Completely remove the quick release skewer.
3) The hub width adapter is located on the non-drive side of the trainer (opposite the cassette). Remove the adapter.
4) Insert the spacer in the correct orientation for your bicycle. The number that remains visible after installation should match the hub width of your bicycle.