To calibrate your KICKR we use a very simple spindown procedure. The spindown serves one main function: to determine the power required to overcome friction in the bearings and belt. We recommend performing a spindown approximately once every two weeks or after transporting your KICKR.
In order to perform a spindown you must be running an app or program that has this enabled. Calibrating with the Wahoo Fitness app is described below; however, programs like Trainer Road, Kinomap, and many more support this feature, making the process even simpler!
If using ANT+, a spindown can be performed using the Wahoo Fitness app, however, your KICKR must have a version of firmware that supports ANT+ control. For more information on updating your firmware please read: How do I update the firmware on my KICKR?
Using the Wahoo Fitness App:
- Download the free Wahoo Fitness app from the app store and open the app.
- Select "Sensors".
- Add/pair your KICKR.
- Once paired, select the KICKR from the menu of saved sensors.
- Scroll down and select "Spindown" from the menu.
- Select "Perform Spindown" and follow the instructions in the app.
- Start a new KICKR workout.
- Select the Sensor icon in the top left corner.
- Select the Spindown function which will appear to the right of the KICKR listing in the list of linked sensors. It will appear as a crossed hammer and spanner.
- Select "Perform Spindown" and follow the Spindown instructions in the app.
After the spindown procedure is complete, you're ready to ride!