To calibrate your KICKR for the most accurate readings, you'll need to perform a spindown using the Wahoo Fitness app for iOS or Android or a 3rd party app which supports this feature (like Zwift). A spindown is recommended every 2 weeks or after transporting to a new location.
Before performing a spindown, it's important to make sure your KICKR's firmware is up to date, as this resolves many issues. For more information, please see How Do I Update the Firmware on My KICKR? Always remember to reboot the KICKR after updating firmware.
Using the Wahoo Fitness App:
- Download the Wahoo Fitness app for iOS or Android. If already downloaded, be sure to check for updates in the app store.
- Open the Wahoo Fitness app and select Sensors.
- Ensure your KICKR is powered on with the blue and red LEDs illuminated, then select your KICKR from the list, or choose Add New Sensor (or the plus + on Android) if pairing for the first time.
Note: a Bluetooth connection is required
- Scroll down and select Spindown from the menu.
- Select Perform Spindown and follow the instructions in the app.
- Start a new KICKR workout.
- Select the Sensor icon in the top left corner.
- Select the Spindown icon (crossed hammer and spanner) which appears to the right of the KICKR in the list of linked sensors.
- Select Perform Spindown and follow the Spindown instructions in the app.
After the spindown procedure is complete you're ready to ride!