To calibrate your KICKR for the most accurate readings, you'll need to perform a spindown using the Wahoo Fitness app for iOS or Android or a 3rd party app which supports this feature (like Zwift). A spindown is recommended every 2 weeks or after transporting to a new location.
Before performing a spindown, it's important to make sure your KICKR's firmware is up to date, as this resolves many issues. For more information, please see How Do I Update the Firmware on My KICKR?
Using the Wahoo Fitness App:
- Download the free Wahoo Fitness app from the app store and open the app.
- Select "Sensors".
- Add/pair your KICKR.
- Once paired, select the KICKR from the menu of saved sensors.
- Scroll down and select "Spindown" from the menu.
- Select "Perform Spindown" and follow the instructions in the app.
- Start a new KICKR workout.
- Select the Sensor icon in the top left corner.
- Select the Spindown function which will appear to the right of the KICKR listing in the list of linked sensors. It will appear as a crossed hammer and spanner.
- Select "Perform Spindown" and follow the Spindown instructions in the app.
After the spindown procedure is complete, you're ready to ride!