If you're having difficulty getting your ELEMNT to pair with your phone, these advanced troubleshooting steps for iOS can resolve many issues.
- Begin by opening the Settings page of the ELEMNT Companion App and un-pairing your ELEMNT
- From the ELEMNT itself, un-pair your phone via the settings menu, then select "Forget Phone"
- Open the iOS settings app from the Home Screen as shown below
- Forget the ELEMNT (if listed) in the Bluetooth section using the "info" button to its right.
- Toggle Bluetooth off within the Bluetooth section of the Settings app. Doing so outside the Settings app (like from the Control Center) may not fully disable Bluetooth.
- Restart your phone, then turn on Bluetooth again via the settings menu.
- Reopen the ELEMNT companion app and navigate back to the "Settings" page
- Navigate back to the settings menu on your ELEMNT as performed in step 2, then select "PAIR PHONE" to bring up the QR code. Scan the QR code on the ELEMNT screen to retry pairing.
Still unable to pair? Check that your sensor is transmitting a Bluetooth signal by downloading the free LightBlue Explorer app from the Apple App Store. Make sure your sensor is on, awake, and illuminated (if applicable), then open the app to find if it's listed.
If your sensor remains unlisted for longer than a few minutes, please contact support.
If your sensor is listed in the LightBlue Explorer app but you're still unable to pair, a full network settings reset is necessary, as outlined below.
Warning: the following steps will remove all previously saved Bluetooth devices and WiFi passwords.
- From the home screen select the Settings app, then "General"
- Scroll down to find "Reset," then click "Reset Network Settings" on the next page
- Your phone will then reboot. Once back on, repeat step 7 from the previous section to retry pairing your sensor.
Remember that you can always contact support with persistent issues or further questions.