If you're having difficulty pairing a sensor with an app, these advanced troubleshooting steps for iOS resolve many issues.
- Begin by navigating to each app the problem sensor has paired with previously and remove it. Since this step will vary by app, consult the app developer if additional help is needed.
- Open the iOS settings app from the Home Screen as shown below.
- Forget the sensor in the Bluetooth section.
- Toggle Bluetooth off within the Bluetooth section of the Settings app. Doing this outside the Settings app (like from the Control Center) may not fully disable Bluetooth.
- Turn off your phone. While it powers down, reset your sensor by removing the battery and reinserting it upside down for 10 seconds. Then reinsert the battery in the correct orientation and power your phone back on.
- Turn on Bluetooth again via the settings menu and open the Wahoo Fitness app.
- Make sure the sensor is on, awake, and illuminated (if applicable), then navigate to the "Sensors" page in the Wahoo Fitness app and choose "Add New Sensor." Select your sensor from the list, then click "Save Sensor"
Still unable to pair? Check that your sensor is transmitting a Bluetooth signal by downloading the free LightBlue Explorer
app from the Apple App Store. Make sure your sensor is on, awake, and illuminated (if applicable), then open the app to find if it's listed.
If your sensor remains unlisted for longer than a few minutes, please contact support
If your sensor is listed in the LightBlue Explorer
app but you're still unable to pair, a full network settings reset is necessary, as outlined below.
Warning: the following steps will remove all previously saved Bluetooth devices and WiFi passwords.
- From the home screen select the Settings app, then "General"
- Scroll down to find "Reset," then click "Reset Network Settings" on the next page
- Your phone will then reboot. Once back on, repeat step 7 from the previous section to retry pairing your sensor.
Remember that you can always contact support
with persistent issues or further questions.