The procedure to update firmware is the same for all Wahoo Sensors including the TICKR, TICKR X, TICKR Fit, RPM Speed, RPM Cadence, and BLUE SC. Firmware updates require a WiFi internet connection to your mobile device.
To perform a firmware update on a new (never-paired) sensor:
- Download the Wahoo Fitness app for iOS or Android. If already downloaded, be sure to check for updates in the app store.
- Complete new user registration and fill out your personal profile, or login to your Wahoo Cloud account.
- Power on and/or wake your sensor (by shaking for RPMs or touching the contact points for TICKR), ensuring the LED lights flash, then follow the prompts to pair or link sensors, then add a new sensor.
- Select Setup Wizard to set up your new sensor.
- The Setup Wizard will let you know if a firmware update is available - simply select Install Update to begin!
To perform a firmware update on a sensor that's already paired:
- On the workout page, a red dot appears on sensors requiring an update. Tap the blue box to open the sensor details.
- The sensor details page will then show the option to Update Firmware.
- Once the firmware is updated, a prompt appears to toggle Bluetooth off and back on. After toggling Bluetooth, your sensor is ready to go!