While most common challenges are now addressed in our instant help guides here, the following good practices remain relevant for many KICKR SNAP issues.
KICKR SNAP Setup
- Make sure the unit is plugged in, the connection to the power brick is secure, and the green light on the power brick is illuminated
- Inflate your tire to manufacturers recommended PSI as printed on the sidewall of your tire - most 700c road tires require around 110 PSI
- Check the tension on the rear wheel by loosening the blue tension knob completely, tightening until the roller contacts the rear wheel, then continuing to tighten two additional full (360º) turns
- Ride the KICKR SNAP for 10 minutes to warm it up
Perform a Spindown
- Pair the KICKR SNAP to the Wahoo Fitness app (iOS and Android Pairing Instructions)
- Make sure your firmware is up to date (iOS and Android Firmware Update Instructions)
- Perform a spin down (Spindown Instructions)
- If you experience significant tire slipping or the spindown is unusually long (over 45 seconds), tighten the blue tension knob one quarter turn and perform another spindown, repeating as necessary
- If the spindown is unusually short (under 10 seconds), loosen the blue tension knob one quarter turn and perform another spindown, repeating as necessary
- If you have an older KICKR SNAP (these do not have external Bluetooth® and ANT+ LEDs as shown in the image below), loosen the roller a quarter turn if spindown times are shorter than 10 seconds, or tighten a quarter turn if spindown times are longer than 15 seconds
- Close all apps and power down all additional devices capable of connecting to the KICKR SNAP. Most apps can run in the background, maintaining the connection and sending conflicting commands to the unit.
- Clean the KICKR SNAP optical sensor (see cleaning instructions)