If you find your KICKR's signal unexpectedly fluctuating, dropping to zero and/or spiking, it's likely a result of signal interference.
Previously paired apps or devices: The most common cause of interference is a previously paired app or device. The KICKR is designed to pair with a single app on a single device at a time - multiple paired apps can interfere by sending conflicting signals. It's important to unpair your KICKR from all other apps and devices (including previously paired computers, phones, watches, or the ELEMNT or ELEMNT BOLT, etc.), force stop apps, or shut down additional devices before pairing with another. We also recommend restarting the KICKR by unplugging for 30 seconds.
Physical distance: Signal strength degrades as distance increases. For best results, keep your device less than 5 feet from your KICKR.
Wireless signals: Any devices that transmit wireless signals or electromagnetic fields can cause interference, especially those outlined below:
- Wireless routers
- Wireless or Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Wireless video receivers or transmitters (Chromecast, AirPlay, Roku, etc.)
- Fans (especially large ones): avoid placing between your device and KICKR
- Cordless home phones
- Satellite or cable boxes
- Microwave ovens
- Power sources (power lines, boxes, lines in walls)
- Wireless mice/keyboards
- Certain TVs (especially WiFi Smart TVs) or monitors
- Anything else that can transmit wireless signals, including radios and baby monitors
Physical barriers: Walls, metal desks, and counters all degrade signal quality.
- Multiple trainers: check to ensure only one trainer is paired your selected workout profile in the app - having multiple trainers paired to the same workout profile can cause signal interference and/or missing data.
If any of these are affecting your signal, try disabling or shutting down the offending devices. Alternatively, try relocating the KICKR further from the source of the interference or to a new environment completely. If you're still having trouble, please contact support where we'll be happy to assist you further.