Though the ELEMNT is capable of sending calibration commands to paired power meters both over Bluetooth® and ANT+, calibrations are most reliable over ANT+. Because of this, we recommended using an ANT+ connection for power meter calibration.
Note: while the ELEMNT sends the sends and receives calibration commands and data to and from power meters, it has no role in the calibration process itself.
Follow these steps to calibrate your power meter:
- Wake up your power meter.
- Press the Menu button on the upper left side of the ELEMNT.
- Use the Down button on the right side of the ELEMNT to scroll to your paired power meter.
- Press the Left button to select "Calib".
- At this point, the ELEMNT has sent the command and you will need to follow the calibration procedure specific to your power meter.
- The ELEMNT will notify you when calibration is complete.
If "Failed to calibrate" is displayed after a calibration attempt, forget and re-pair the ELEMNT:
- Quickly press the left-side button on your ELEMNT to display the menu.
- Scroll (with the right-side buttons) to either PAIR PHONE or FORGET PHONE.
- Select the option displayed. If your device reboots, repeat the last two steps to display the QR code when it powers back on.
- On your mobile device, forget the ELEMNT from both the ELEMNT Companion App and your device's Bluetooth settings (if saved).
- Return to the companion app on your iOS or Android device, then navigate to the Settings page to add the ELEMNT.
- Retry calibration for success.