Though the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM is capable of sending calibration commands to paired power meters both over Bluetooth® and ANT+, calibrations are most reliable over ANT+. Because of this, we recommended using an ANT+ connection for power meter calibration.
Note: while the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM sends and receives calibration commands and data to and from power meters, it has no role in the calibration process itself.
Follow these steps to calibrate your power meter once paired:
- Wake up your power meter following manufacturer instructions.
- Quickly press the left side button of the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM to open the Settings menu.
- Use the down button on the right side of the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM to scroll and select your paired power meter.
- Press the bottom left button to select Calib.
- At this point, the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM has sent the command and you will need to follow the calibration procedure specific to your power meter.
- The ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM will notify you when calibration is complete.
If "Failed to calibrate" is displayed after a calibration attempt, forget and re-pair the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM:
- Quickly press the left-side button on your ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM to display the Settings menu.
- Scroll (with the right-side buttons) to either PAIR PHONE or FORGET PHONE.
- Select the option displayed to continue. If your device reboots, repeat the last two steps to display the QR code when it powers back on.
- On your mobile device, forget the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM from both the ELEMNT app and your device's Bluetooth settings (if saved).
- Return to the ELEMNT app on your iOS or Android device, then navigate to the app's Settings page to add the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM.
- Retry calibration following the steps in the previous section.