What's an Advanced Spindown?
An Advanced Spindown is a rough calibration of your KICKR or Snap that is performed at the factory. The Advanced Spindown sets the brake strength and is essential for accurate power readings. The Standard Spindown should be completed every 2-3 weeks on a KICKR and before every workout on a Snap.
You should never need to perform an Advanced Spindown unless you are prompted by the Wahoo Fitness app. When using the Wahoo Fitness app to perform a Standard Spindown, the app will check if an Advanced Spindown is needed. If so, you will be prompted to complete one.
How do I perform an Advanced Spindown?
Advanced Spindown Procedure
- Open the Wahoo Fitness app. Make sure you have Bluetooth turned on.
- Plug in your KICKR SNAP Bike Trainer. No need to “wake” your KICKR SNAP; once plugged in, the KICKR SNAP does not go to “sleep”.
- Select “Sensors” in the bottom left corner.
- Select the KICKR or SNAP from the list of saved sensors.
- Select “Spindown”.
- Select “Perform Advanced Spindown” and follow the instructions on screen.
The Advanced Spindown consists of a 3 minute warm-up followed by 2 spindowns. Pedal slowly for 3 minutes to warm up the roller. Once prompted by the Wahoo Fitness app, pedal until you reach 23 mph. Stop pedaling and coast until the Wahoo Fitness app prompts you again. Pedal again until you reach 23 mph, then coast. The Wahoo Fitness app will notify you that the spindown is complete.