You can create a route to sync to your ELEMNT using RideWithGPS, Komoot, Strava, or TrailForks. Y Routes can be synced to the ELEMNT either over WiFi or Bluetooth®.
Note: If using an ELEMNT or BOLT v1, you will only get Turn by Turn notifications for routes created in RideWithGPS and Komoot.
- For RideWithGPS, only a free account is necessary to access most features.
Create and save your route on RideWithGPS using the Route Planner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- For Komoot, you'll need an account with any regions along the route unlocked. If a region isn't unlocked, the route will not sync to your ELEMNT.
Create and save a route on Komoot using the Route Planner.
- For Strava, you will need to create an account. A free membership will work.
Create and save your route on Strava using the Route Builder.
Sync Routes over WiFi
- On the Settings page of the Companion App select WiFi Network. Select your network and enter the password to authenticate the ELEMNT. For additional help, see Connecting Your ELEMNT to WiFi.
- On the Profile page in the Companion App select Linked Accounts.
- Choose RideWithGPS, Komoot, Strava, or Trail Forks.
- Log in to authenticate your account with the Wahoo Cloud
- If your ELEMNT, BOLT, or ROAM is already authorized and synced to RideWithGPS, Komoot, Strava, or Trailforks, simply navigate to the map page on the ELEMNT itself, click ROUTES, then SYNC to begin syncing with authenticated services. Your routes will then load onto this page of the ELEMNT.
Sync Routes over Bluetooth
- With your ELEMNT connected to the ELEMNT App, from app's Ride page select ROUTE.
- Pull down from the top to refresh routes from authenticated services.
- Select a route to view the overview.
- Tap SELECT ROUTE to push a route to your ELEMNT via Bluetooth.
- The route remains on your ELEMNT until you remove it from an authenticated service's website or app and re-sync your ELEMNT over WiFi.