Most TICKR issues can be resolved by completing the following steps:
- Replace the battery - data can fail to transmit properly on a low battery
- Ensure pairing made only through app - if you've previously attempted to pair within your phone's Bluetooth® settings (instead of through the Wahoo app or another app), unpair the TICKR through your phone's settings completely and retry pairing through the app.
- Restart your phone - make sure you close out of all open apps before trying to reconnect
- Wipe the pod with a moist cloth and hand wash the belt well with soap and water. Sweat and dirt buildup can cause connection errors.
- Check the fit - ensure TICKR is worn snugly on the chest, directly against skin for the best connection (movement or slipping may disrupt readings). Always moisten the electrodes before use, as shown in the image below:
- Reset the TICKR -
- Remove the battery
- Flip the battery upside down and reinstall
- Leave battery installed upside down for 3 seconds
- Remove the battery and reinstall correctly
- Replace the battery cover
- Check the battery connection - while the battery is removed, flex the metal prong that connects to the battery by pulling up gently. If the prong becomes pushed down too far, it can fail to make a strong connection with the battery.
If none of these resolves your issue and the LEDs are still functioning, you may be experiencing signal interference which can be caused by the following:
- Previously paired apps or devices: The most common cause of interference is a previously paired app or device. It's important to unpair your TICKR from all other apps and devices (including previously paired computers, phones, watches, or the ELEMNT or ELEMNT BOLT, etc.), force stopping apps or shutting down additional devices before pairing with another.
- Physical distance: Signal strength degrades as distance increases. For best results, keep your device less than 5 feet from your TICKR.
- Wireless signals: Any devices that transmit wireless signals or electromagnetic fields can cause interference, especially these:
- Wireless routers
- Wireless or Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Wireless video receivers or transmitters (Chromecast, AirPlay, Roku, etc.)
- Fans (especially large ones): avoid placing between your device and TICKR
- Cordless home phones
- Satellite or cable boxes
- Microwave ovens
- Power sources (power lines, boxes, lines in walls)
- Wireless mice/keyboards
- Certain TVs (especially WiFi Smart TVs) or monitors
- Anything else that can transmit wireless signals, including radios and baby monitors
- Physical barriers: Walls, metal desks, and counters all degrade signal quality.
If any of these are affecting your signal, try disabling or shutting down the offending devices. Alternatively, try relocating the TICKR further from the source of the interference or to a new environment completely. If you're still having trouble, please contact support where we'll be happy to assist you further.