The steps below assume you've already followed the standard steps for Pairing with the ELEMNT App.
If you're still having trouble, the following tips are likely to fix your issue.
Start by checking your camera or the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM QR Code:
- Make sure your mobile device's camera is clean and clearly focused on the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM
- Keep the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM's screen clear of reflections and debris
Next try un-pairing the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM then re-pairing:
First remove the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM from your phone’s Bluetooth settings with these steps:
- Open the Settings App on your iOS device
- Select Bluetooth
- Locate the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM in the list of My Devices
- Select the lower case i to the right of the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM
- Select Forget This Device
Once complete, open the Settings page of the ELEMNT app to select Forget Phone, then Pair.
Note on iOS 13: A new prompt to allow Bluetooth for individual apps was added to this iOS version, separately from the iPhone's main Bluetooth settings. For continued pairing issues, please check the following:
- Open the main iOS Settings app and scroll down to select ELEMNT
- Ensure that Bluetooth Sharing is toggled on (to the right).
Choose FORGET PHONE directly from the ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM’s settings (left side button), then retry pairing.